I was battling a migraine most of the day today, so I didn't get much done. I felt better in the late afternoon and spent some time prepping circles for the camper quilt.
When my son Owen got home from work late in the afternoon, we went over to Wild Thing to repair the leaky sink basket. This issue showed up in my first few days on the road. After a consulting Escape Trailer, we determined that the production team had just started using silicone sealant instead of plumber's putty to seal the sink basket. They had tested the seal during production by filling the sink with water and letting it sit for 3 hours and no leaks were evident. After the trailer had been bumping down the road for a few days however, the silicone sealant worked loose and proved to be inadequate for the job. They would have paid for me to take the trailer to a shop for this repair, but since it was a simple fix I wanted to try it on my own. I want to feel confident making simple repairs to the camper and this was a good place to start.
With the help of this YouTube video and my son, it was a quick and easy job to disassemble the sink basket and apply the plumbers putty to form a water tight seal. My To Do list is shrinking!