I finished piecing the center portion of the Wild Thing camper quilt today. After the individual blocks were completed I squared them up before attaching the sashing strips in between the rows of blocks. Fabric is pliable and no matter how carefully pieces are cut and sewn, they move and stretch and morph in the process, and must be adjusted if the top is to lay flat in the end! I didn't have a ruler large enough to measure the entire block, but using a combination of two rulers, I was able to get the job done. I will applique circles to the open areas between the blocks before adding the outer borders then appliqued leaves, vines, and flowers.